The Dream Multi Monitor Trading Station

October 2012 Update: Check out my brand new trading computer that can support 6 plus monitors. Good times.

Ever thought that one monitor just wasn't cutting the workload? Computer desktop space is critical for success and in an investor's world there is never enough LCD monitors for trading, never! But, then again you could just hook up six 24" LCD monitors together with two laptops...

Behold, the multi monitor workstation of software developer Stefan Didak.

His setup boasts six separate 24" monitors all seamlessly working together. Internet windows will never have to be tabbed again when there is this much desktop real estate to work with.

multi monitor computer station

While Stefan is not an active investor, we can't help imagine what "could be" someday. I mean, heck, we would teach him how to trade if he wanted to learn. We would even fly out and give him lessons on his own system. After all, it would only be convenient.

The Specs? Let's see here... "An Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 with 8 GB RAM in a Lian Li PC-P80. 6.4 TB RAID-5 storage (300 GB WD Velociraptor x 8 and 1000 GB Spinpoint's x 4) Running off an Adaptec 2820SA RAID controller hooked to Icy Dock MB454SPF backplanes." Got all that? We sure didn't...

Other important notes include the fact that Stefan unfortunately does not game on his multi monitor dream machine and only uses it for work. He has complete wife approval which comes to no surprise considering his business pays all the bills. Lastly, he does have a life and travels three months out of the year. Yes, three months.

The cost of just the parts for such a system will run you anywhere from $20,000 - $25,000 says Stefan, but that's without installation. Go figure.

Want to view more trading stations? Check out these:

1. 24 Monitor trading station
  2. 20 Monitor trading station
  3. 7 Monitor work station (Stefan's old setup)

Comments

1. Posted by The Stock Speculator on October 30, 2008 at 8:46 pm

Dude, get hout of here - that is a bad @$$ system. I am jealous. If we ever get a bull market that can make us some money, I think I see a nice business expense.

2. Posted by rhinodude47 on October 30, 2008 at 8:49 pm

I want one :mrgreen:

3. Posted by rhinodude47 on October 31, 2008 at 11:14 am

holy *&^% that is one heck of a machine...

4. Posted by theWild1 on October 31, 2008 at 5:52 pm

I wouldn't even know what to do with all those. Not to mention my horrible eyes would probably not be able read those far side monitors.

5. Posted by Multiple Monitors on December 11, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Nice! I actually have a six monitor computer too, from SUPER-PC, but it's got three on top and three on bottom. I used to have on with four monitors, but that soon wasn't enough for my trading habits. I saw this setup before on Flickr.

6. Posted by Isaac hollandus on December 16, 2008 at 11:54 am

Stefan

What is the brand name for the monitors that you use? Any suggestion please?

7. Posted by Blain Reinkensmeyer on December 18, 2008 at 11:38 am

I would simply go to his site as he lists the brands there somewhere. Personally my favorite brand is Samsung.

8. Posted by Day Trading Software on January 23, 2010 at 12:47 am

Nice setup! I bet is good and toasty in that room. I just don't see how he can keep track of all that's going on. How old is this? Maybe he needs an easier system... I'm sure he's highly stressed all of the time.

9. Posted by intelfxindo on June 9, 2011 at 9:39 pm

what type of computer if you use 4 monitors for not running slow ..

10. Posted by Blain on June 10, 2011 at 8:08 am

I would recommend a quad core processor, atleast 4 gigs of high performance Ram, and perhaps the most important piece is your graphics card/s. If you buy the right ones the power load will stay low and you will have a smooth experience. Perhaps I should write a guide on the matter.