6 Great Investment Articles For Trading in a Tough Market

The S&P 500 finished the month of June down a staggering 8%+ and Wall Street media feels the truth is now unavoidable.... We are officially in a bear market.

Education can save your life in dire times like these, and over the past year I have written 100s of articles that have a strong focus on investor education. On stocktradingtogo.com you can read up on the basics like Analyzing the Overall Market for Dummies to advanced topics like How to Setup a Profit vs Loss Ratio.

Here are 6 fantastic articles that can help you navigate this struggling market:

- 37 Tips, Facts, and Rules For Trading Stocks in a Bear Market

- Using Stop Loss Orders, The Basics

- 8 Ways to Fight Stress from the Stock Market

- 13 Questions That Will Boost Your Investment Portfolio

- How to Sell a Stock You Love

- Making the Most of Market Crashes

All of these articles are written to be read by any investor and can really make a huge difference in your portfolio if you let the facts soak in. So grab a cold drink and enjoy.

Comments

1. Posted by Brandon on July 1, 2008 at 10:43 am

Great articles Blain, they will all definitely be a major help with the current state of the marketplace. The 37 tips and articles proved to be very helpful for my strategies!

2. Posted by kanerd on July 1, 2008 at 12:25 pm

Simple and to the point, I like this one. Good use of pulling out old posts. I find in times like this letting go of stocks I've held for a long time can be very tough. Do you practive what you preach?

3. Posted by kanerd on July 1, 2008 at 12:26 pm

That was a good one too, nice point Brandon.

4. Posted by Blain Reinkensmeyer on July 1, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Of course, with the model I am currently developing all positions are accompanied by a 2% stop immediately after purchase. No emotions regardless of the stock.

5. Posted by Blain Reinkensmeyer on July 1, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Cheers :twisted:

6. Posted by kanerd on July 1, 2008 at 1:06 pm

why 2%?

7. Posted by Brandon on July 1, 2008 at 1:57 pm

I believe it is due to his outstanding risk exposure for each position is then kept to a minimum. I could be wrong though.

8. Posted by Blain Reinkensmeyer on July 1, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Just because of how I run the current model. Out of my biggest winners recently none have fallen more then 2% from my original purchase price before running up.

9. Posted by Matt on July 1, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Nice post Blain, I greatly enjoyed the thirteen questions, that will help my portfolio immensely. :grin:

10. Posted by Mandy on July 2, 2008 at 10:47 pm

Thanks for the 6 steps to sell stock. That's help me a lot. Simple but that's basic points.